top of page

Highland Station

Deputy L. Bertetto contacted 23 year-old, Jasmine Torres, during a call for service.  During her investigation, she found the Torres was in a verbal abusive relationship and had no financial means to leave or purchase food. During the investigation, Bertetto determined no crime was committed, however felt RP could use some financial assistance for food. Bertetto took the victim to Stater Bros and purchased $140.00 in groceries - $40.00 of which were donated by Bertetto.

Deputy Alvarado contacted a family in Highland living in their car with their  5 year old daughter.  They were trying to decide whether to buy groceries or pay the registration on their car, to make sure vehicle doesn't get towed since that's where they live.  We provided them with a $100 Visa Gift Card, and put them in contact with the HOPE team.    









Deputy Hector Couret responded to a call of a stolen catalytic converter at Mt. Breeze Villas Apt. The  mother was taking her daughter to celebrate her 7th birthday, but realized the catalytic converter had been stolen and could no longer celebrate her daughter. The  birthday girl was sad and crying but Couret told her he would get her a gift card to her favorite restaurant, Apple Bee's, and this put a big smile on her face. Couret purchased the $50 gift card at Staters using one of the donated cards. 

















Hesperia Station

Deputy Sanchez met a family that recently was a victim to a crime. Sanchez saw that the family was in need and we purchased some necessities and clothing for them with the gift card donation.










Recently the Sheriff's HOPE Team used one gift card to purchase fuel for a lady who was out of gas and could not get to work.

The HOPE Team contacted a homeless family living in their vehicle. The family consisted of 2 adults and 4 young children. The HOPE Team used the gift card to purchase a night at the motel and food/ provisions for the family. The family was connected with future housing resources after arriving to the motel.. 


On July 13th, 2018 Doug was in a severe motorcycle accident. The accident left him with 7 broken Ribs some of which broken in multiple places, a broken Collar Bone & Clavicle as well as a punctured Lung. Doug underwent a surgical procedure called Rib Plating, he had surgery on his Collar Bone and has been hooked up to a chest tube since day one in the hospital. For the first week he was sedated and on a ventilator in the ICU. He spent over a month in the hospital in and out of ICU with an intense and risky recovery. The HLC foundation donated a generous amount of money to help towards his Medical Bills and also set up a GoFundMe account in which nearly $9k was raised by friends and family to help him. Many of our Event Coordinators spent countless hours at the hospital visiting and checking on him as well as bringing him anything he needed. We continue to keep him in our thoughts and prayers.


Heart 4 Ava

Ava was born with hypoplastic left heart syndrome (HLHS).  This means that the left side of her heart was severely underdeveloped. Usually the treatment for this is a combination of 3 surgeries over a 2 year period. The next step was to be put on a heart transplant list. The HLC Foundation donated money to the family to help with medical bills. On February 14th, (Valentine's Day), Ava’s parents received the phone call that they, along with their family and friends, had been praying for! She has a heart waiting for her. Ava had her heart transplant the following day on February 15th, 2018. 

HLC Foundation & Threshold Aviation donate to KTLA canned food drive

Miranda Munoz

Miranda was a young girl just shy of her 24th birthday. Miranda was so full of life, love and energy. She lit up the entire room every time she came around. She was a wonderful friend to many people and that will never be forgotten. Miranda will be missed by everyone that knew and loved her. She is survived by her parents, John and Candy Munoz and her two older brothers, Chris and Josh Munoz.

HLC Foundation donated $500.00 to help the family with funeral expenses.

Robertos Santoyo

Roberto Santoyo was involved in a horrific accident on Saturday evening.  He and his girlfriend Miranda Munoz were on the 405 freeway when a car from the far right lane came flying into the passenger side of their car, which was in the carpool lane.  Miranda died on impact and Roberto had to be forcefully removed from the vehicle and taken to the trauma center where he was claimed to be in critical condition.  They had been on their way to San Diego for the weekend. 


Dawson Hartwig, the son of San Bernardino County Fire Department Chief Mark Hartwig was at a cabin in Lake Arrowhead with friends for the weekend.  Dawson ventured out for a walk by himself on Friday evening without his cell phone and never returned.  At 10:45 am Saturday morning, his friends reported him missing.  He was found deceased about 14 hrs. later in the lake.

Dawson was 20 yrs. old.  He grew up in Rancho Cucamonga, where the Hartwigs still live.  He graduated from Etiwanda High School, where he played water polo.  He was on the water polo team at California Baptist University.   He is survived by his mother, father, two brothers and two sisters.  

HLC Foundation sent a $500.00 donation to The Water of Life Church for the Mission Outreach Program, as requested by The Hartwig Family.  Dawson was scheduled to go on a mission this year with his brothers and sisters.   RIP #lovelikedawson


Radio station AM590 was hosting a day of donations for the USO.  HLC Foundation donated over $750.00 of nutrition bars, soda, Gatorade, water, peanuts, beef jerky and cookies to help our troops.


Angel was badly burned while in the desert while with friends and was air-lifted to a Burn Unit in San Diego.  The cost of the Air Transport was estimated to be approx. $60,000.  She is 19 yrs. old, her Dad self-employed and she had no medical insurance.  Her family started a Go-Fund Me account to assist with expenses and medical bills.   HLC Foundation sent her a $500 donation.  We’ve been told she is recovering nicely and doing very well.


Chase Smith was born on April 14, 2016 along with his twin brother Brayden.  Unfortunately, Chase was born with hypoplastic left heart syndrome (HLHS).  This means that the left side of his heart was severely underdeveloped.  Chase had his first of many surgeries at 8 days old.  Usually the treatment for this is a combination of 3 surgeries over a 2 year period.   However, due to the severity of the syndrome, he was at too high of a risk for those surgeries.  The next step was to be put on a heart transplant list.  On July 15th, Chase’s parents received the phone call that they, along with their family and friends, had been praying for!  Chase had his heart transplant the following day on July 16, 2016.  There were no complications and he has been doing fantastic!   Threshold Technologies, Inc. partnered with HLC Foundation to have a fundraiser on July 23rd to assist with medical expenses and medication.  Over $8,000.00 was raised for the family!  HLC Foundation also donated funds to further assist with expenses.   More good news…..Brayden and Chase are expecting a baby sister in July, 2017!   #chasestrong  #godisgood


Anita was diagnosed with cervical cancer that eventually spread to other places throughout her body as well.  She is a critical care nurse who works at San Antonio Regional Hospital, in the City of Upland, CA.   Her husband is also a nurse, but he had to take time off of work to care for her as well as their two small children.  They were exhausting all of their savings to pay for medical expenses.  HLC FOUNDATION donated funds to assist with medical bills during this terrible ordeal.  Unfortunately, Anita took a turn for the worse on 1/26/17 and passed away on 1/28/17.  HLC Foundation paid for the food for the reception after the funeral service for 300 attendees.


HLC assisted the family of a firefighter who passed away from cancer to help with funeral expenses.


On December 22, 2015, Johnny left for the gym, said goodbye to his parents and told them he loved them.  While working out at the gym, he suddenly went into what looked like a seizure and was rushed to the hospital.  Shortly after his parents arrived, he sadly passed away.  They were later told he was born with a heart condition called Cardiomyopathy, which is an enlarged heart.  They were told that this is genetic and they should have their younger son Jake checked out as well.  Unfortunately, it turns out that Jake has the same heart condition as his brother had.  Jake now has a difibulator at the age of 17, which has already saved his life once.     


HLC Foundation donated funds towards the funeral expenses and also provided the venue and food for the funeral reception.   



Please reload

bottom of page